Problem with Thold email notification

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

cevital

Problem with Thold email notification

Post by cevital »

Hello evryone, i recentely installed cacti 1.2.19, and everything seems to be OK even the email notificatins, then I installed Thold 1.6 and I configured a threshold for CPU in one of my servers, i simulated CPU in that server, thold detect the CPU charge but no Alert send by email. is there any bug with those versions ?

thnkx
Attachments
thold.JPG
thold.JPG (87.63 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
ronsch

Re: Problem with Thold email notification

Post by ronsch »

Hi there,

I ran into the same issue. I guess you do have an error within you logs that looks like the following:

15.02.2022 15:25:02 - CMDPHP MAILER ERROR Backtrace: (/poller.php[830]:api_plugin_hook(), /lib/plugins.php[82]:api_plugin_run_plugin_hook(),
/lib/plugins.php[215]:thold_poller_bottom(), /plugins/thold/includes/polling.php[45]:thold_check_all_thresholds(),
/plugins/thold/includes/polling.php[434]:thold_check_threshold(), /plugins/thold/thold_functions.php[2232]:thold_mail(),
/plugins/thold/thold_functions.php[5487]:mailer(), /lib/functions.php[4408]:record_mailer_error(), /lib/functions.php[4608]:cacti_debug_backtrace())
15.02.2022 15:25:02 - CMDPHP MAILER ERROR:

The issue is that the "mailer" function doesn't allow duplicate e-mail addresses. If you are using the same address in "Notify accounts" and in any of the "Error/Warning notification list", the mailer function will create this error and there will be no emails sent.
The workaround is to make sure that there are no duplicates for the email notification.

I have written a function to sanitize (remove duplicates and empty entries) the email list. I will raise this in GitHub