Our Story

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1173

Our Story

Post by Rachel Kent »

Do you know our story? Our mom started this entire company out of a little shoe box of stickers in our basement back in 1997! I was ten years old and one of the first "order pickers" lol. I remember putting on music and my older cousin and I would have so much fun dancing around and picking orders one by one. Now we push around carts in the warehouse and can pick 15-30 orders at once. We have come a long way!

You can read our full story here: https://www.acherryontop.com/articles/help/3069

Five years ago we lost our beautiful mom to cancer. We became small business owners overnight, and it took quite a while to get the hang of it. With the help of our amazing staff, two of our aunts, and my husband coming on board as CEO, we were able to keep her legacy going. We want to thank YOU for being here and supporting us. We couldn't do it without you cherries!

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1775

Re: Our Story

Post by aheatfan »

So thankful for ACOT and your mom. You all have created a legacy of friendship, crafting and community. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Scrapqueen141
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 957

Post by Scrapqueen141 »

Love this company! Thank you all for doing such a great job, great customer service, great website and forum. Love ACOT!
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 596

Post by hsblair »

Love it!  Thank you for providing us with a great community and supplies.  May you continue to thrive.
Image Image Image Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

Very thankful for all your Mom did and all the family support that she had in starting and maintaining it. Thankful that you share her vision ! We all love ACOT and the wonderful shopping experience along with the fantastic board you maintain for us to have community here as well! xxoo
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

We are so grateful for the community Kristin built and her amazing family who have kept her dream alive!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

ACOT is the place to be. I've been here since before your mom past and have loved this place the very first day I found it back in 2009. I love the business your mom created and LOVE that her family has kept her legacy alive. Thank you for being here for us Cherries as well.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

I love ACOT and being a huge sticker fan growing up I would have been going nuts getting to be around all those stickers.  I love your company story except of course you all losing your mom.  It's so incredibly hard to lose you mom.  I lost my mom 15 years ago and she was my favorite crafting buddy!  She loved to sew and I love paper crafts.  Your mom is so proud of all of you for finding joy in running ACOT and being so successful.  I'm grateful for the crafting online community you have created with the message boards, youtube, FB, and Instagram's...this brings us all together to connect when we don't have someone nearby to share our favorite activity!

Thank you ACOT and hugs!!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

I have been with ACOT since it was Stickers Galore!  You all have done so much to build the site, which I know must have been hard to continue on after your mom died, but maybe that gave you the power to get through the hardest times.  I''ll bet she is looking down from heaven, cheering you on and so proud of your success.  I always like that you continue to remind us periodically of your story, remembering your mom in the process!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 749

Post by lilkoala3 »

This is why I shop and hang out here. I always liked supporting a family business, not some huge, monolith run by CEOs in suits. You all are doing an amazing job, and your mother would be very, very proud. I've been for a lonnnng time, and I appreciate all you do to keep this community going. I'm inspired everyday by the message board. I sing your praises to all my crafty friends!
Leslie
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

You all are rockin' it!  You all make it easy to be a customer and want to support ACOT!  Love it here!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

I love to read this story again and again!  I'm thankful for ACOT and the perseverance that your mom put into starting this business.  Thankful too, that you all have continued her legacy.  I'm sure she smiles down on you with love every day.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it here!!! I'm sure your Mom can see your hearts and hard work, and is VERY proud! You guys are MORE than JUST a store- you've created a wonderful community! I'm VERY grateful for you all!😊
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Can I just say, I am so grateful to be apart of this beautiful crafty community. Made possible by the hard work and passion between everyone behind the scenes and in front of the cameras! I love supporting ACOT, it's truly amazing the loving way you all have carried on your moms legacy. Thank you 💕
JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 709

Post by SandyK1967 »

Every time I read your story I get tears in my eyes. I really think I did order from Stickers Galore way back when but I'm just not sure. I admire all of you for being such a tightknit family and keeping it all together, it is appreciated more than you know. I just love this site, it keeps me motivated. I also love it because of you and your family and all of the cherries that makes it feel like a family. THANK YOU!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Im so thankful for ACOT and all that you have poured into the crafty community. A beautiful group of people spreading so much kindness and joy. This is my crafty home community. Thank you for making me feel welcomed and loved since the beginning. You are doing a beautiful job of keeping your moms legacy going ❤
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Love, love, love this and I am so glad you all decided to work hard and continue your beautiful Mom's legacy!  You are part of all of our lives and we hope you continue for years to come.  :)  ❤️
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image

Return to “Announcements”