Hello from SE Alaska!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 427

Re: Hello from SE Alaska!

Post by Mathandlit »

Welcome! One of the amazing things about the internet is the ability to connect with people who live so far away. 
Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 725

Post by Natalie Dill »

Welcome!

Do you have a photo of this 25 lb cat?!  😹
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

GinniG wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Hi!  My name is Ginni and my husband of 30 years and I live on a semi-remote island in Southeast Alaska about 30 miles from Ketchikan.  My husband grew up in Ketchikan and the property we live on has been in his family since a land lottery in the 1980s.  We purchased the land and have been here since June 2016 and what an adventure we're having!  I grew up in a suburb of Washington DC and since meeting my husband I've lived in Ketchikan, Northern California, Central Florida and South Florida where we spent about 20 years.  When we left to move up here we sold our house, retired and have been developing the land and building a 3 acre homestead since.  I have a daughter and he has 3 sons all in their 40s.  Between us we have one granddaughter and 4 grandsons.  We also have a dog, a 25 pound cat and 4 geese (one is a gander) that keep us busy and entertained.  I've been scrapping since our granddaughter was on the way as she was our first grandchild.  She turned 20 a couple of days ago.  I love all kinds of themes and subjects and I love challenges.  That's why I'm so glad I found ACOT!  We live what's called a subsistence lifestyle which means we hunt and fish and grow as much of our food as we can. The grocery store is 25 miles away over a mountain pass and the post office, pharmacy, etc. are another 10 miles farther.  We try to only "go to town" once or twice a week.  Since we're still building we sometimes can't do as much as we'd like in the way of harvesting, but we will get there eventually.  We freeze and can almost everything which has been quite the learning experience for this suburban girl!  :)  Summers are pretty busy and winters are usually pretty quiet so I may not be on as much during the summer as other times of the year.  But I've met a lot of fabulous people on forums over the years and I see a few familiar faces here!  I'm looking forward to playing along with all of you!
Hi Ginni!!  So happy to see you here....we've know each other for a while.  Everyone here is super friendly and helpful.  ACOT is the best online store evah!!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

Hi Ginni really so nice to meet you and hear your story. You will love it here! 
 Image Image Image Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

NatalieDill wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:53 am
Welcome!

I do!!!  Here he's showing all his glory.  :)  His name is Jeff.  Our family names our pets after our kids or siblings.  Jeff is my middle stepson.  :)

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 725

Post by Natalie Dill »

GinniG wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 am
NatalieDill wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:53 am
Welcome!

I do!!!  Here he's showing all his glory.  :)  His name is Jeff.  Our family names our pets after our kids or siblings.  Jeff is my middle stepson.  :)

Oh my goodness! what a sweet, big boy!!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

MurrayLily
Cherry Tart

Post by MurrayLily »

Hi glad to join you. Really enjoyed your site, let's be friends! :greeninlove:
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MurrayLily wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:41 am
Hi glad to join you. Really enjoyed your site, let's be friends! :greeninlove:

I'm glad you enjoyed our site!  I'd love to be friends.  :)
karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1144

Post by karen c. »

Welcome. I can't wait to show my daughter the photo of your cat. She has a bengal who is big but not as big as your cat!

ImageImageImage          ImageImage
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

seastar wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:36 am
Welcome. I can't wait to show my daughter the photo of your cat. She has a bengal who is big but not as big as your cat!

Ohh I bet her cat is beautiful!  Jeff Kitty is a diva by all definitions!  He's definitely an outdoor cat - we couldn't keep him inside if we tried!  But when his food bowl is even remotely empty he's inconsolable!  And it HAS to be the original Meow Mix or he won't eat it!  He just looks at us like "What is THAT!"  LOL!  But he's a good pet and he's DEFINITELY my husband's more than mine.  :)  That's good because the dog is mine more than my husband's.  LOL!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”