New Cherry Here! Plus Questionnaire

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

New Cherry Here! Plus Questionnaire

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Hello Fellow Cherries!

I am new here! This is my FIRST POST! Woot woot! Ecstatic to be a Cherry! I hope I'm doing this right. My intent was to post a new thread to introduce myself as it was encouraged in the New Cherry Questionnaire. Hope this is where I do that haha Here's a bit about me:

I've been crafting for a decade. I dabble in everything. I started with paper crafting specifically scrapbooking layouts and mini paper photo albums. I spent a few years designing and handcrafting my own products for sale. My shop specialized in wood signs, home decor and apparel.

My current obsession is mixed media art. I spent a lot of time perfecting the right products and designs for my shop that I needed a break. Mixed media art is teaching me how to relax and let the art do its magic. As off fall of 2022, I've been diving into mixed media journaling and I CANNOT STOP. It was tough at the beginning as I tried to control the media but now it's just liberating to simply let it take over for me!

I love that I can use media I already have, media that has been sitting in my stash as well as new media I've never worked with.

In love with the process, in love with the results.

NEW CHERRY QUESTIONNAIRE:

How did you find ACOT??
Found ACOT searching my little heart out for a specific paper collection! I found it and then some! I tuned in the YT channel and heard Jess & Rachel talk about the forum and challenges and jumped right in!

What technique would you like to learn?
I would love to learn watercolor techniques. I've done a couple canvases and absolutely enjoyed it. I winged it then but am interested in learning technique.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
I've put 50 plus photos in a mini album and have a hard time putting photos in my layouts. I prefer to scribe poetry or scripture in my mixed media journal. I haven't scrapbooked in a quiet a while.

Are you into digital or paper layouts?
I've never heard of digital layouts before! I am intrigued. Also curiouser and curiouser...

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
I am between two projects as any respectable crafter would be lol A mini Christmas quadfold folio and a mixed media layout in my journal.

Do you have your own scrap room?
I am blessed to have my own craft room. There's always a lot going on in there! If not my projects, my 4 year olds projects! She takes after me :)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
I have not but if you all hear of any, I'd be left wishing I could participate! I'm in a season in life where I craft in small windows the day provides. Two kiddos under the age of 4! (Took me two days to post this lol)

What gives you the creeps?
I get the hibbie jibbies when I see skin wounds! I'm the one who covers my eyes and ask you to tell me when that gory movie scene is over.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Believe it or not, I am both! I stay up late to have time to myself and wake up early with my 1 year old. I enjoy both; the stillness of the late night and the crisp early mornings. Eventually I crash and just start the vicious cycle over again.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I don't drink often but when I do lol I drink a Grey Goose dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. That's right. Lol

Happy to be here.
JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1681

Re: New Cherry Here! Plus Questionnaire

Post by QueenBee89 »

Hi & welcome!!! Excited to see what you create!!

And yay for being a mama of littles!!! My boys are 4 and 2!!!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Welcome, Jess, so glad you are here!
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

JESS!!!  Welcome!!!  OMG a dirty martini, blue cheese lover like me!!!  I was starting to think there was something wrong with me, lol! 
I even took my stuff to my sister's.  Her husband turned me on to my first martini years ago and I am hooked.  But I do martinis when I
really need to sleep because a nice double will give me a good night's sleep!

Where do you live?  I am in Southern NJ, 20 minutes from Philly and DE.  I have been going to 4 day crops in awesome places in DE and MD near and RIGHT ON 
the beaches!  And there is a great one in Lancaster PA, right in Amish country and surrounded by little stores, they have great food and an awesome bar!
I sure hope you are near enough to meet, I have met the most amazing friends through scrapbooking!

Cannot wait to see some of your work!!!  I am still a bit intimidated by mixed media, but it does not stop me from buying, lol!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Post by joannie »

Welcome to ACOT!! Can't wait to get to know you better!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

WELCOME JESS TO ACOT........... YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND ENCOURAGING............ SORRY FOR MY CAPS IT'S EASIER FOR ME TO READ AS I'M BLIND AS A BAT EVEN WITH GLASSES..........HHEHEHEHEEHEHE VALERIE
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 92

Post by DrSonja »

Welcome, Jess.
Check out the monthly challenges for lots of starter ideas on things to create and share.
Image  Image 
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

Welcome to ACOT Jess!!!  We've got monthly challenges going on now and our gallery is always bouncing with creativity.

My brother and SIL currently live with me and DH with their 3 kids. All boys - 4, 3, and 18 months and my SIL is expecting Baby Boy #4 at the end of May. So I get it. You squeeze in me time when you can.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1775

Post by aheatfan »

Welcome, you are going to love it here  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

Welcome Jess!  You will find it welcoming here! 
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

Welcome, Jess!  This is the best place ever for crafty friends and inspiration!
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2134

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Welcome to our little family. So glad you found us! I look forward to seeing your creations!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Welcome Jess!  I'm stepmom to 3 boys (youngest is 41!), I have a daughter, and grandmother to one granddaughter and 4 grandsons!  Plus I have 2 brothers and DH has 3 brothers!  So I get the boy things very well. ;)

You're going to LOVE it here!  We're glad you found us!
Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 427

Post by Mathandlit »

Welcome! We are happy to meet you!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Welcome to ACOT!  It’s the best place on the web and I hope you will stick around and get inspired/play with us. :)  I am one who does digi layouts…you can check out my gallery to see.  I also do paper layouts, so my digi layouts are similar, but the “papers” and “embellishments” are all jpegs that are layered in digital software. Then, I print out my layouts on my wide format printer.  
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Hi Jess welcome to ACOT. You are going to love it here!! The community is amazing with an amazing group of cherries! I came here while dabbling in mix media as well. You are right it is definitely a way of slowing down. Look forward to seeing your creations. There is a mix it up challenge I host monthly. Hope to see you in there. 😁
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:47 pm
Hi & welcome!!! Excited to see what you create!!

And yay for being a mama of littles!!! My boys are 4 and 2!!!
Hi Brandi! Thanks for the warm welcome! My girls are 4 and 1!! So you totally get the lack of hearing your own thoughts throughout the day lol Happy to be here!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Florac74 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:47 pm
Hi Jess welcome to ACOT. You are going to love it here!! The community is amazing with an amazing group of cherries! I came here while dabbling in mix media as well. You are right it is definitely a way of slowing down. Look forward to seeing your creations. There is a mix it up challenge I host monthly. Hope to see you in there. 😁
Hey Flora and thank you! Happy to be here! Uhh YEAH I saw your monthly Mix It Up Challenge... count me in!
jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

JAire wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm
Welcome, Jess, so glad you are here!
Thanks Joyce Ann, I'm happy to be here! I see that you yourself dabble in all things crafty!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 988

Post by blfonty »

Hello Jess! Welcome to ACOT and the Cherry Board. The monthly challenges here are always inspiring and the Gallery is full of all things crafty. ACOT does fun online crops and annually an iNSD weekend crop. So keep an eye out for those. Cherries are here for each other so feel free to pose your questions anytime.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”