Flasher's Challenge #1 Life/Lemons - WINNER

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Flasher's Challenge #1 Life/Lemons - WINNER

Post by Flasher »

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."   That is the theme of this challenge!  Remember when I hinted that you might need a less than perfect photo?  Well, here's your chance to use it.  I want you to create a layout making that "lemon" the star of the show.  And for an added twist, I want you to scraplift a layout from here in ACOT's gallery.  But, not just any layout.  Remember when I asked if you preferred regular lemonade or pink lemonade?  Well, if you chose regular, yummy, refreshing lemonade, I want you to scraplift a layout from the Traditional Paper Gallery.  If you chose pink, yummy, refreshing lemonade, I want to you scraplift a layout from the Digital Gallery.  This challenge will be open to submissions until Friday, May 13 at 11:59 PM.  No combining.  One layout per person.  Must be a new layout.  Open to both digital and paper.  Please submit your entries to the Challenge spot that's been created in the gallery -- When Life Gives You Lemons Challenge.  One winner will be randomly selected to receive 1000 points.   Edited to add that if you missed the lemonade preference thread or are joining after the fact, just mention your choice when you submit your layout!

Thanks to all the Cherries who accepted my challenge!  Participation points to those that submitted entries, and the randomly selected grand prize winner is . . . emmapaige! 

Here is my layout (I'm using a pic where I told my kids to take their sunglasses off so I could see their faces.  Big mistake -- they are squinting so bad that their eyes are basically closed.  But, it's the only pic I have from that trip so I must use it.)  I chose pink lemonade so I scraplifted Art_Teacher's  "Sunshine Paisley" layout!

Last edited by Flasher on Sat May 14, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Re: Flasher's Challenge #1 Life/Lemons

Post by scrappininAK »

love this idea
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Great challenge! Most of my photos are less than perfect, so I have no problem picking one :)
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

What a great challenge, Laura and wonderful lift!! Image
Image Image ImageImage
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Great challenge! Love the lemonade twist.
- Valerie/stateless
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

Yay! I found the pic I was thinking of last weekend and set it aside!!! Yippee! 
I chose PINK so I will pick a digital layout yo scrap lift.
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

Love this challenge and I already know what layout I want to scrap lift!! And it will be super easy for me to find an imperfect photo!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

great challenge!  so glad I save a good deal of those less than perfect shots!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 822

Post by keatonsgtgram »

Awesome challenge and sample! I chose pink lemonade so I'll be off to the digi gallery to find my LO to lift. What fun!
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

I have plenty of non perfect photos, too.  This will be fun! Image
***Berta***
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

Great challenge, like you page example!  Great lift, too!  I have lots of photos I can use for this one!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 146

Post by Rozebud »

Aren't you the sneaky clever one!  Challenge accepted!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

Awesome challenge! I love it!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 927

Post by StacyLee »

This sounds like so much fun!  I missed the lemonade thread, do I need to find it & pick?  Or can I just mention which one when I load my layout?
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

StacyLeeD wrote:This sounds like so much fun!  I missed the lemonade thread, do I need to find it & pick?  Or can I just mention which one when I load my layout?
You can just mention it when you upload your entry! 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 988

Post by blfonty »

Regular Lemonade for me! I will scraplift a paper layout with one of my not so perfect blurry photos.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 297

Post by KrazSparkle »

Awesome challenge, First one I am doing tomorrow when I get the chance. Sadly so much going on in the local areas I will not be able to join in on the fun of Scrapping til later in the day.
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 927

Post by StacyLee »

Laura wrote:
StacyLeeD wrote:This sounds like so much fun!  I missed the lemonade thread, do I need to find it & pick?  Or can I just mention which one when I load my layout?
You can just mention it when you upload your entry! 
Thank you! Got my picture printed, off to look for some inspiration in the gallery! 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

Here is mine:

My imperfect photo was from a dinner we had with my daughter and her boyfriend last year.  Because of the lamp in the restaurant, the photo turned out really bad but I love it anyway since it was such a fun night to remember.

I lifted this fabulous layout from Deanna.  See my gallery comments as to why my layout didn't turn out quite as planned.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 127

Post by hlg1rose »

So glad I got to use these pictures.  They were taken in 2004, during a ride through the Christmas lights at PNC Theater.  Without a flash the lights were blurry, with them, they had no sparkle, but it was a wonderful night.

The journalling reads..."We bought new wedding bands for our 25th anniversary, and they were ready. Red Bank in December always makes me sad, miss Donna and the Bon Jovi Christmas concerts we used to go to at Count Basie.  When we got to Red Bank Bon Jovi came on the radio, SMILE.  Took our new rings to the church and resaid some vows.  Got back in the car, Bon Jovi was on, SMILE.  After dinner we went to PNC to see the lights.  Top was down and once again, Bon Jovi came on the radio. It was a PERFECT night! SMILE!!"

This was the beautiful Digital Layout that inspired me, it's from ElkFan.

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

Return to “NSD Virtual Party 2016”