Scrap a Day, May 21st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Scrap a Day, May 21st

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. They are back working on my roof today. It is looking really great. A lot of the plywood was bad and had to be replaced so it is taking a little longer, but they should finish up today. Twinkie has been a real trooper. She is not happy with all the noise and sticks by me and we moved to different rooms where they were not working directly above us. I put the tv on loud and sat with her and that seemed to help. I was able to catch up on some shows so that worked out. In the afternoon a friend of mine came by and we went out for a walk to catch up and I took her with me and she really enjoyed that. Sky has been doing very well with it all.

I have my annual checkup today. I didn't expect they would still be here working but DS is home so if they need anything he is here. And he'll be with Twinikie and I'm sure she will stick by him.

Have a great day Cherries.
 Image Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Re: Scrap a Day, May 21st

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:47 am
Hey Cherries. They are back working on my roof today. It is looking really great. A lot of the plywood was bad and had to be replaced so it is taking a little longer, but they should finish up today. Twinkie has been a real trooper. She is not happy with all the noise and sticks by me and we moved to different rooms where they were not working directly above us. I put the tv on loud and sat with her and that seemed to help. I was able to catch up on some shows so that worked out. In the afternoon a friend of mine came by and we went out for a walk to catch up and I took her with me and she really enjoyed that. Sky has been doing very well with it all.

I have my annual checkup today. I didn't expect they would still be here working but DS is home so if they need anything he is here. And he'll be with Twinikie and I'm sure she will stick by him.

Good to hear that all is going well with the roof and Twinkie is tolerating the noise.  Take care and have a good check up today!

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

Going to be a steamy one today!  It rained a bit last night and the high today is in the mid 80's.  I have a Dr.s appointment at 11 and then I hope to get to my scrap space.  I did a bit of putzing yesterday but accomplished nothing.  DH and I went to DGDs softball game for a couple of innings to get me out of the house.  Having my morning coffee...
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

I had an overnight in the hospital, but all is going well.  Hoping to be discharged and head home.  Slept like crap!!  So me and the couch will become good friends!  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 am
I had an overnight in the hospital, but all is going well.  Hoping to be discharged and head home.  Slept like crap!!  So me and the couch will become good friends!  

It’s so much nicer to be home.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

Aww poor Twinkie! You're such a a good fur baby mama, Barb! ☺️ They'll be done with your roof before you know it! 😉
Have a great day! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:18 am
Going to be a steamy one today!  It rained a bit last night and the high today is in the mid 80's.  I have a Dr.s appointment at 11 and then I hope to get to my scrap space.  I did a bit of putzing yesterday but accomplished nothing.  DH and I went to DGDs softball game for a couple of innings to get me out of the house.  Having my morning coffee...

Enjoy scrappy time today, Vicki! ☺️ Oh, it's good here, too! I hope you don't have to suffer through it! 😉
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:

Awww Leslee, I hope you and your couch spend a lot of time recovering today!! 🙏🏻☺️ It's always good to be home again .
Aztam
Cherry Bing

Post by Aztam »

I’m up earlier than the hubs today. (Hardly ever happens). We are going to see the baby today a bit later this morning, so hubby is sleeping in. We have hair appointments this afternoon, so we need to get some baby snuggles in this morning.

We also need to pack for an upcoming trip. Headed to TX to see mama and fam. We will all converge next week (8 of us from out of town), along with family nearby. It’s going to be loud with 9 kids in the mix. LOL Looking forward to making sweet memories, but we will miss little Louis.

I will be scrapping tonight. I hope I can get both the layouts I started done! Then, maybe have time to work on the weekly Pagemap sketch, too.

Welp, better go pick some cherries while I have time. Have a great day.

Tam
Aztam
Cherry Bing

Post by Aztam »

VickiR wrote:

We don’t have the humidity problems, but anticipating those high heat days to start anytime now. 3 digits will be here before we know it. I find myself doing more putzing, as well. I keep telling myself just put the thing away now instead of making little piles, but I don’t listen. LOL 

Tam
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:

So glad to hear that the furbabies are doing well with the roofing. It's a lot of noise and they don't understand. Good luck at your annual today

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:

Hope your appt goes well
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:

Ugh...I hate overnights at the hospital. They tell you to "rest" but with all the machines and them checking on you...how are you supposed to rest? Anywho..hope you get d/c'd today
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Aztam wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:51 am
I’m up earlier than the hubs today. (Hardly ever happens). We are going to see the baby today a bit later this morning, so hubby is sleeping in. We have hair appointments this afternoon, so we need to get some baby snuggles in this morning.

We also need to pack for an upcoming trip. Headed to TX to see mama and fam. We will all converge next week (8 of us from out of town), along with family nearby. It’s going to be loud with 9 kids in the mix. LOL Looking forward to making sweet memories, but we will miss little Louis.

I will be scrapping tonight. I hope I can get both the layouts I started done! Then, maybe have time to work on the weekly Pagemap sketch, too.

How fun! Where in TX are y'all headed?

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
It's humid out there today! I had the shut the door and turn the air on! 🥵 Lol hello summer! 🌞
I LOVED the DC birthday wishes this morning! ☺️ Y'all are the sweetest! 😊
Hanging out with a good friend later on, closer to evening. DGD made me brownies last night lol I'm having coffee, so far, so good! 😊
I'll be scrappin' and getting crafty too! 😉 I've JUST about finished a challenge and will post it soon. So a VERY good birthday so far! 😊
Stay blessed, Cherries!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Aztam wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:51 am

Enjoy those precious baby cuddle, Tam! ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
So cool that you're gonna be visiting family! 😊 I hope you guys all have a blessed time!
YAY for scrappin'! ☺️ Enjoy your day!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries!

So yesterday, my whole day was derailed. I was planning on working on something that came across my email last Thursday. But then that ended up getting pushed aside and now a few other things are "urgent". I was flat out exhausted by the time dinner rolled around. Both DH and I worked late and powered thru lunch as well with the weird week we'll have this week. The contractors ended up not showing up. The main dude who is doing the framing fell ill and with this high heat/humidity, they informed us by noon that they wouldn't show up. Which in turn, worked out well on my end because I was soooooo busy with work.

This morning, did yoga instead of going out on my morning walk. I think my walks are gonna be put on hold for now on until mid-Sept or even October. At 5:30 AM, we were 82 degrees but factor in the humidity (94%) and dew point (80 degrees)...we had a heat index of 94. 😰  We're all gonna melt before August even gets here. Every day this week, we are going to have heat indexes between 110 and 115. Whew. Talk about NASTY. We are normally not this hot mid-May. This is about 6-8 weeks early.

Anyways, the framing dude is feeling mucho better so he is here today. I hope he takes plenty of breaks. I believe yesterday was all due to exhaustion. They normally work 10 hr days, Monday thru Friday. They don't work nights/weekends. But the last few weeks, they've been down in Port Isabel doing work on a condo out there. They leave here Friday afternoon, make it dow to Port Isabel by the evening. Then work there Saturday and Sunday, rolling back into town late Sunday night. That would definetly wear you down for sure.

DH has his pre-op appt at 2pm this afternoon. Draven gets out of school at noon tomorrow and begins summer vacation. Jasper's procedure is scheduled for Thursday morning (not sure of the time yet) and then DH has his surgery Friday morning. Busy busy!

Anywho...back to work for me. Have a great day y'all
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 am
Hey Cherries 😊
It's humid out there today! I had the shut the door and turn the air on! 🥵 Lol hello summer! 🌞
I LOVED the DC birthday wishes this morning! ☺️ Y'all are the sweetest! 😊
Hanging out with a good friend later on, closer to evening. DGD made me brownies last night lol I'm having coffee, so far, so good! 😊
I'll be scrappin' and getting crafty too! 😉 I've JUST about finished a challenge and will post it soon. So a VERY good birthday so far! 😊
Stay blessed, Cherries!

Brownies sound yummy! Hope you have a great birthday!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:

I remember when our entire neighborhood had our roofs replaced. Of course it was noisy when they were working on our roof but also when they were working across the street and houses behind us. Since they are working long hours, hopefully they will be done soon!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

VickiR wrote:

We are having the same weather but I refuse to turn on the AC.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”