Pioneer Woman's 5-ingredient Ravioli Casserole

[Public]

Moderator: Midge

handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Re: Pioneer Woman's 5-ingredient Ravioli Casserole

Post by handerful »

so good!  and soo easy!   It's on my list! 

Son loves ravioli but not spinach.  I wonder if I could get him to eat it in this dish. ...  OR I wonder if there is such thing as gluten free ravioli for Celiac daughter.    OFF to do some online shopping/research!   

ETA - Found some gluten free ravioli at Whole Foods and some spinach already in the fridge.  Yay! 
Image Image
RACHEL
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 709

Post by SandyK1967 »

Thanks, this sounds so good, I will try it! I love spinach and this is a great way to incorporate it!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 92

Post by DrSonja »

I agree with those who recall tasteless food as a child. Growing up in the 50s, vegetables for dinner meant a can of peas, carrots, beans, or corn plopped in a saucepan and boiled for 30 minutes, then scooped on the plate alongside quartered boiled potatoes and some flat cut of beef that was tortured under the oven broiler. Total yuck! How awful that our meals were so flavorless and virtually nutrition less, too. 

We love fresh veggies in this house, as well as using the outdoor BBQ grill to lightly cook things like bell peppers, corn on the cob, onions, asparagus, portabello mushrooms, zucchini, kabobs of all sorts. I don't do many casseroles because they are usually too much for 2 people to eat before growing bored. I suppose I could put more effort into dividing and freezing a dish, but then I usually forget to pull it out until it is solidly frost bitten.

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It might get a try one day.
Image  Image 
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Oooh this sounds yummy!!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

DrSonja wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:55 pm
I agree with those who recall tasteless food as a child. Growing up in the 50s, vegetables for dinner meant a can of peas, carrots, beans, or corn plopped in a saucepan and boiled for 30 minutes, then scooped on the plate alongside quartered boiled potatoes and some flat cut of beef that was tortured under the oven broiler. Total yuck! How awful that our meals were so flavorless and virtually nutrition less, too. 

We love fresh veggies in this house, as well as using the outdoor BBQ grill to lightly cook things like bell peppers, corn on the cob, onions, asparagus, portabello mushrooms, zucchini, kabobs of all sorts. I don't do many casseroles because they are usually too much for 2 people to eat before growing bored. I suppose I could put more effort into dividing and freezing a dish, but then I usually forget to pull it out until it is solidly frost bitten.

There is just me and DH, but this one is easy to half. ;). Cook it in a 1 qt. ovenproof pan. :). Save the other half of the ingredients to go in other recipes!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:58 pm
DrSonja wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:55 pm

There is just me and DH, but this one is easy to half. ;). Cook it in a 1 qt. ovenproof pan. :). Save the other half of the ingredients to go in other recipes! 
That is what I do, also, Laura.  It’s great having a meal in the freezer to pull out when I don’t feel like cooking. I actually just did it this week with a turkey noodle casserole.  Or else I make meals for senior citizens that are older than me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Return to “Share a Recipe”