Spanish Cauliflower Rice

[Public]

Moderator: Midge

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Spanish Cauliflower Rice

Post by blbabe1234 »

With DH being diabetic, no more rice in this house. I do get it when we go out to eat. But a great subsitute is using riced cauliflower, which you can find at the grocery store! Both in the produce section and freezer section.

1 can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilis) (drained)
10 oz bag of riced cauliflower (frozen)
adobo seasoning
olive oil
fresh garlic (whatever your preference is)

Microwave the frozen riced cauliflower (according to the package)
Heat a skillet with the olive oil and garlic. Then add riced cauliflower, pour the can of Rotel, stir. After a minute or two, use 2 teaspoons of the adobe seasoning. Stir again, cover, cook for a few more minutes.

You can also add fresh cilantro too.

If the adobo seasoning is too strong for you, then you can just use cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Re: Spanish Cauliflower Rice

Post by handerful »

This looks good!  

I didn't realize rice was a no no for diabetics.    We have been trying the cauliflower rice as an alternative to pasta because of dd's Celiac.   We can give this a try! 
Image Image
RACHEL
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

handerful wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:48 pm
This looks good!  

I didn't realize rice was a no no for diabetics.    We have been trying the cauliflower rice as an alternative to pasta because of dd's Celiac.   We can give this a try! 

If you need more recipes, I can hook you up! We use it for casseroles too instead of rice or pasta
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Going to have to try this (and tell DH it is rice, until he admits it tastes good, then let him know it is cauliflower). LOL
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
handerful
Cherry Cropper

Post by handerful »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:11 pm
handerful wrote:
This looks good!  

If you need more recipes, I can hook you up! We use it for casseroles too instead of rice or pasta 
That sounds good!   She has started to like cauliflower - she is a lot more adventurous in trying new things than her siblings or dad.  We are just trying to get the rest of the family (gluten eating and picky) to come around!  lol  

Image Image
RACHEL
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

This sounds good and easy to make.  We don't do rice and carbs in our house either.  We'll have to try this.  TFS!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:13 pm
Going to have to try this (and tell DH it is rice, until he admits it tastes good, then let him know it is cauliflower). LOL

😂 😂  Good luck!

Luckily, DH has always like cauliflower. Me...not so much because it was so bland. But now I love it and don't miss the rice!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

handerful wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:24 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
handerful wrote:
This looks good!  

That sounds good!   She has started to like cauliflower - she is a lot more adventurous in trying new things than her siblings or dad.  We are just trying to get the rest of the family (gluten eating and picky) to come around!  lol  

I have a cauliflower mac & cheese recipe that I think your family would love. It's a 3 cheese sauce..and believe me....we can't tell the difference!

I might have to start posting a couple of recipes a week. I can call it Tasty Tuesday! 😂
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:28 pm
This sounds good and easy to make.  We don't do rice and carbs in our house either.  We'll have to try this.  TFS!

It's one of my go to's when we need a side dish during the week. And you know how crazy busy my work week can be..and DH's as well. So this is done in 10 mins. Can't beat that!

I was talking to Rachel and I might be posting a couple of recipes a week. Not all revolving around cauliflower, but definetly low-carb (or low sugar) recipes.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Sounds good, Brandy, but I love rice! I can't do flour or any other grain. Also have to watch all the sodium content in foods for high blood pressure. 

Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:22 am
VickiR wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:28 pm

It's one of my go to's when we need a side dish during the week. And you know how crazy busy my work week can be..and DH's as well. So this is done in 10 mins. Can't beat that!

I was talking to Rachel and I might be posting a couple of recipes a week. Not all revolving around cauliflower, but definetly low-carb (or low sugar) recipes. 
That would be great!  TY!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

handerful wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
handerful wrote:
This looks good!  

Have y'all tried Explore Cuisine pastas? They are gluten free. And low in carbs...which is great for diabetics.

https://explorecuisine.com/collections/products

They have lots of different kinds, but DH likes this one:

https://explorecuisine.com/products/us- ... -spaghetti

We get ours at Sprouts. Not sure if you have one, but I'm sure you could find them at Whole Foods (and other "farmers market" type grocery stores)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

handerful
Cherry Cropper

Post by handerful »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:20 am
handerful wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

I have a cauliflower mac & cheese recipe that I think your family would love. It's a 3 cheese sauce..and believe me....we can't tell the difference!

I might have to start posting a couple of recipes a week. I can call it Tasty Tuesday! 😂 

sounds delish!   
Image Image
RACHEL
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

This one sounds good too! We've been trying to eat healthier...clean eating... so we have been trying the cauliflower rice, its been 50/50 for us if we can handle it. I bet it would be much better in casseroles/ stuffing! I'm going stuffed bell peppers tonight, I may run to the store to pick some up! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

Art_Teacher wrote:

DON'T TELL!  I make this Fake Key Lime Pie, which my Grandpa LOVES!  It has yogurt in it - which he HATES!  Grandma told me never to tell him, because he enjoys it so much.
~Sarah~
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

MacSarah wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:07 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

DON'T TELL!  I make this Fake Key Lime Pie, which my Grandpa LOVES!  It has yogurt in it - which he HATES!  Grandma told me never to tell him, because he enjoys it so much. 
Haha! Years ago, DH insisted that lowfat sour cream was terrible tasting, so one time I just switched the containers on him. ;)  After he complimented my meal and ate the lowfat sour cream, I let him know his taste buds weren’t as discerning as he thought! lol

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Sounds sooo good!!! I bookmarked it! Thank you!!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Breauxlabs wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:04 am
This one sounds good too! We've been trying to eat healthier...clean eating... so we have been trying the cauliflower rice, its been 50/50 for us if we can handle it. I bet it would be much better in casseroles/ stuffing! I'm going stuffed bell peppers tonight, I may run to the store to pick some up! 

That clean eating is harder than most people think. We've gone with the keto style of eating because of DH's diabetes. And it helps me alot because prior to his diagnosis, I was having all these reactions to a good deal of food. Sunflower oil and sugar! But going the sugar free/low carb route has helped me tremendously. I'm not sick all the time with a tummy ache
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

I love riced cauliflower!  I have been avoiding carbs so started on the riced cauliflowerr, even found cauliflower tortillas that I make wraps with.
Your recipe sounds great!  I like to get a rotisserie chicken, shred it up and mix it with the riced cauliflower!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Post by Charleneanne »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:20 am
handerful wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

There is a share a recipe forum on here!

Return to “Share a Recipe”