Christmas tag swap--2014

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Christmas tag swap--2014

Post by scrapy1967 »

Ok girls lets do this! We used to do these every year and it was so fun! 
Deadline for your tags to reach me is November 13th. I am leaving on a cruise on the 14th and would like to have them before I leave so my house sitter does not have to deal with all of them coming in the mail while I am gone.
The way this works is you make the amount of tags as we have participants. So we have 12 cherries doing this and we have decided on two different tags so we all have to make 24 tags. 
You will mail them to me with postage and I will divide them up and mail them my first day back from my cruise.
please include 4.00 postage for your tags to be mailed to you.
lets have fun with this if for some reason you can not do it please pm me and I will try to find another cherry or I will do another set.
i will PM everyone with my addy and please include your screen name on your package. I know most everyone by their first name but not all of you have it in your signature.
I love that we are doing this!!!
2styles totaling 24 tags. They can be any shape or size that you want to make. Only requirement obviously is that they are Christmas tags.
if you need ideas Pinterest is a great spot to look.

if you have questions please feel free to pm me.

cherries participating

blbabe1234---
macsarah----
craftyshannon 11-12---
shutterbug got them! 11-6---
averagekim 11-10---
lmcgill 11-10
karensay 11-10
sherrielynne---
lesmitch--- got them today! 10-27----
love2stamp 11-6
scrapsteph got them 11-1
myself-scrapy1967----

Last edited by scrapy1967 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:50 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImage 

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Re: Christmas tag swap--2014

Post by average_kim »

Can you give us a few more "rules" for what they should be?  I was in one of these with a different swap group, and I made mine like the regular rules for tags in a scrapbook swap.  Which was to be 2x4 inches, ribbon/twine on the end, and embellished at least three times.  What I got wasn't like that--just a little above stamped 1 1/2 x 2 inch white tags.

So if we have a few set guidelines, hopefully no one will be disappointed if they do a lot of work, but get some others back that aren't similar.
Kim

Image Image  
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

I would like a few more rules as well, please.
Also, just so I can be sure I know what I am doing...  I make 12 of the same tag, and 12 of a different tag, so 2 styles totallying 24?  Or 24 different tags?
~Sarah~
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

2 styles totaling 24. As for the kinds of tags most of us that have done this before either made them with a die cutting machine or stamping and colored a image. We got snowmen,poinsettias , penguins ,Christmas trees,stocking,stars,snow flakes.You can make them any size shape. The only requirement is that they are Christmas. 
ImageImage 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Thanks for hosting this Janet! This will be my 4th time doing this, BUT, first time with a die cut machine. I'm gonna put my Cricut to work!Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

I have not swapped in probably 10 years.  I started at Scrapbook@about.com and got carried away.

I hope what I decide to do is not too simple.  I am not a technique type person....

I am searching Pinterest for ideas.

ETA:  Found some ideas, but I think I am going to do something I thought of myself (by looking through my dies).
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

Karen do not worry! I am sure yours will be perfect. Just have fun! Mine are cute but only took me a couple hours to make 12. They are not at all technique based. I used my scallop punches and a few other things.
ImageImage 

lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

Looking forward to doing this.
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by karensay »

Well, I am really excited about what I plan to create.  I only hope they come out in real life like I have them pictured in my head...lol

Need to go shopping!
Karen in SC
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

scrapy1967 wrote:Ok girls lets do this! We used to do these every year and it was so fun! 
Deadline for your tags to reach me is November 13th. I am leaving on a cruise on the 14th and would like to have them before I leave so my house sitter does not have to deal with all of them coming in the mail while I am gone.
The way this works is you make the amount of tags as we have participants. So we have 12 cherries doing this and we have decided on two different tags so we all have to make 24 tags. 
You will mail them to me with postage and I will divide them up and mail them my first day back from my cruise.
please include 4.00 postage for your tags to be mailed to you.
lets have fun with this if for some reason you can not do it please pm me and I will try to find another cherry or I will do another set.
i will PM everyone with my addy and please include your screen name on your package. I know most everyone by their first name but not all of you have it in your signature.
I love that we are doing this!!!
2styles totaling 24 tags. They can be any shape or size that you want to make. Only requirement obviously is that they are Christmas tags.
if you need ideas Pinterest is a great spot to look.

if you have questions please feel free to pm me.

cherries participating

blbabe1234
macsarah
craftyshannon
shutterbug
averagekim
imcgill
karensay
sherrielynne
lesmitch
love2stamp
scrapsteph
myself-scrapy1967

So has the sign ups closed? or are you keeping it open for a while longer?  If it  closed then we make 24 correct?

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Craftyshannon
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 444

Post by Craftyshannon »

I'm wondering, do all 12 have to be exactly the same or is similar OK? I'm thinking about the same design, but in different colors or with similar, but different ribbons.
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

If you want you can make them all different. It's just usually easier to make all the same but you all can do them the way you want.
ImageImage 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

Thank you all for participating. We have had fun doing this in the past and received lots of amazing tags. Some of which I have saved for myself. To pretty to give away. Do not stress over it just have fun. I just got a new stamp and die set from ACOT. It is the Hampton art penguin set. I will be using it for my second set of tags. 
ImageImage 

scrapsteph
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 425

Post by scrapsteph »

I have ideas and will be creating mine this weekend at a crop....

SO EXCITIED!!

Stephanie

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by karensay »

I have one set done, except for the ties/ribbons/fibers/jute/raffia >>haven't decided what yet. 

On to my second set!!!!
Karen in SC
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

Yes Kimber sign ups are closed and we make a total of 24 tags. 
ImageImage 

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

scrapy1967 wrote:Yes Kimber sign ups are closed and we make a total of 24 tags. 
Thanks,
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by karensay »

Awfully quiet here.  How is everyone doing?  I need to find a spray bottle, I think I am going to try misting with acrylic paint.  I could not find any mists at M's and HL did not have the color I needed.  Did not look at J's.

Anyone seen my stocking die?  I think I am going to use that for my next set of tags, unless I use the new die I won on Ebay the other day...
Karen in SC
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

Mine are done! I have not seen your die!! LOL 
shoot me a pm when you are ready for my addy.
ImageImage 

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by karensay »

scrapy1967 wrote:Mine are done! I have not seen your die!! LOL 
shoot me a pm when you are ready for my addy.

Hey, Has everyone checked in with you here?  Does everyone know you have started this thread and know who is participating?   I know it does not show up on the Recent Topics column when someone posts here.
Karen in SC

Return to “Swap Talk”