How to add an Avatar (Including ACOT Avi's)

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Re: How to add an Avatar (Including ACOT Avi's)

Post by VickiR »

Thank you so much, Deanna!  I will try this later today.
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

DN in MN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am
VickiR wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:36 pm
I need some help with my avatar, please!  Heidi helped me by posting the previous one, but I didn't like that it had the Photobucket watermark on it.  How can I add one?  There is no place to upload one from my computer.  Thanks!

Let's see if I can help :) 

Upload the photo you want to use as your screen name to projects.  You can private it so it won't be seen in the gallery.  Its max size is 100x192.
then, copy the link for the above upload. WHAT LINK IS THIS?  THE ONE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE WHERE MY PHOTO IS LOCATED?  IT IS NOT WORKING.  I GET THE ERROR, "INVALID IMAGE (GET).
click on your screen name next to private messages above the smilies
click on profile
click on update bio
Under your screen name is line Avatar Image URL
paste the link there, hit submit.  If the picture is too big, it will tell you.  

I have never uploaded using picture image URL and they may work better, I am not sure. 

Hope this helps you out and I am sure someone more techy than me will probably have an easier way, lol ;)

DEANNA, I HAVE TRIED THIS, BUT CAN'T GET IT TO WORK.  SEE THE ABOVE ITALIC SENTENCE.  THANK YOU!

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm
DN in MN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am
VickiR wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:36 pm
I need some help with my avatar, please!  Heidi helped me by posting the previous one, but I didn't like that it had the Photobucket watermark on it.  How can I add one?  There is no place to upload one from my computer.  Thanks!

Let's see if I can help :) 

Upload the photo you want to use as your screen name to projects.  You can private it so it won't be seen in the gallery.  Its max size is 100x192.
then, copy the link for the above upload. WHAT LINK IS THIS?  THE ONE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE WHERE MY PHOTO IS LOCATED?  IT IS NOT WORKING.  I GET THE ERROR, "INVALID IMAGE (GET).
click on your screen name next to private messages above the smilies
click on profile
click on update bio
Under your screen name is line Avatar Image URL
paste the link there, hit submit.  If the picture is too big, it will tell you.  

I have never uploaded using picture image URL and they may work better, I am not sure. 

Hope this helps you out and I am sure someone more techy than me will probably have an easier way, lol ;)

DEANNA, I HAVE TRIED THIS, BUT CAN'T GET IT TO WORK.  SEE THE ABOVE ITALIC SENTENCE.  THANK YOU!

When in your gallery, just hover over the picture you want as your avatar and right click on it and select copy image location.  Then go to your bio and then paste that link in the bio section.  Hope it works!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Woot!  Woot!  Thanks, Deanna for your patience and help.  I finally got it!
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:26 pm
Woot!  Woot!  Thanks, Deanna for your patience and help.  I finally got it!

Anytime :)  I'm glad it worked and it is nice to see you!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

rbkhandco
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by rbkhandco »

Testing to see if my avatar is up!
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Rebekah wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:27 am

Hi.  It looks like you put the link to your photo in the "Location" box of your profile.  Try plugging that link into the Avatar Image URL box -- two lines up from "Location". 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

rbkhandco
Cherry Tart

Post by rbkhandco »

Laura wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:36 am
Rebekah wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:27 am

Hi.  It looks like you put the link to your photo in the "Location" box of your profile.  Try plugging that link into the Avatar Image URL box -- two lines up from "Location".  
Nothing is working...I did fix that mistake b/c I saw it right away.  I’ve even added it privately to my gallery and can’t even get that link to work.

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

Rebecca, you got it and I didn’t! I will try again later today. I thought it was there last night.
Joyce 

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

Does anyone know how to make a pic smaller to fit the avatar parameters?

Nevermind, I wish I knew how many times I had tried to get this dang avatar. And I am fixin' to take a pic to go in my pocket page for May!!!

If anyone is wondering, you can resize in the Paint software on PC.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
ksimoner
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 31

Post by ksimoner »

average_kim wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 pm
mrozwood wrote:where?  I don't see an option to upload, only to link a url.  please help.
Sorry I wasn't very clear.  Resize your photo (I just use Paint), then upload it to the gallery here.  Now have two windows open.  One on your picture in the gallery, then the other open to your Account/edit your bio.  Right click and copy the photo URL, then go to the bio/avatar page.  Paste the URL in the "Avatar Image URL" spot.  Hope this works. 
Thank you Kim! I was lost getting my avatar up but your directions helped!

Daniela C.
Cherry Tart

Post by Daniela C. »

Hello, I am new and having problems with the upload.  Can someone post a screenshot of where the upload for avatar is?  I don't see it on my screens, not sure if I am in the correct spot.  There is the Message Board control panel and profile, and then there is the overall "account" for the website.  I don't have an upload avatar option on either screens.

Thanks so much! 
Daniela 
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

DanieGrl wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:45 am
Hello, I am new and having problems with the upload.  Can someone post a screenshot of where the upload for avatar is?  I don't see it on my screens, not sure if I am in the correct spot.  There is the Message Board control panel and profile, and then there is the overall "account" for the website.  I don't have an upload avatar option on either screens.

Thanks so much! 
Daniela 

Go to the upper right hand corner of the ACOT site and click on My Account.  That will open a window with a list of options on the left hand side.  Choose "Edit Your Bio".  You will then see a "Change Avatar" option above your display name.  Hope this helps.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Daniela C.
Cherry Tart

Post by Daniela C. »

Thank you!  Didn't have to link to a URL afterall.  Easy peasy... 
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Nice to see you!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”