Scrap a Day, May 7th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1038

Scrap a Day, May 7th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Sunny today going to 78 degrees. I have an appointment early this afternoon and no other plans other than to work on NSD challenges. Yesterday I worked on the progressive challenge, then worked on the Mix it Up challenge and got messy. I didnโ€™t like how that ended up so moved on to another challenge and that one is almost done. Will finish it up today and move on to another. Thatโ€™s the plan.

Have a great day Cherries.

ย Imageย Imageย Imageย Image

ย 
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1357

Re: Scrap a Day, May 7th

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am
Hey Cherries. Sunny today going to 78 degrees. I have an appointment early this afternoon and no other plans other than to work on NSD challenges. Yesterday I worked on the progressive challenge, then worked on the Mix it Up challenge and got messy. I didnโ€™t like how that ended up so moved on to another challenge and that one is almost done. Will finish it up today and move on to another. Thatโ€™s the plan.

Have a great day Cherries.

Good morning, Barb!ย  Same weather here.ย  Nice to see the sunshine today.
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1357

Post by VickiR »

We have sunshine today!ย  Very humid this morning...ugh.ย  I will be doing a bit of cleaning inside while DH mows the lawnย  More rain coming tomorrow with a high in the upper 80's.ย  I will be in my craft space for the afternoon.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 9:07 am
We have sunshine today!ย  Very humid this morning...ugh.ย  I will be doing a bit of cleaning inside while DH mows the lawnย  More rain coming tomorrow with a high in the upper 80's.ย  I will be in my craft space for the afternoon.

Yeah...our humidity is nasty too. 95% ๐Ÿ˜œย  It's air you can wear.
Brandy ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ โค๏ธ

ย  ImageImage ย ย ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. It is a very nasty, humid July-like day here. 95% humidity, 80 degrees and at 8am, we currently have an 89 degree heat index. No bueno that's for sure. Luckily I will be in my ac all day, every day until October! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Work was a bit crazy but it went by fast, so that was nice. This morning, I started a load of laundry, vacuumed my bedroom and did yoga instead of going out for a walk because...well...nasty humidity. Showered, made my coffee and finished up a card I did for Stacy's Meet Me for a Nightcap challenge. I'll post it soon. I then moved onto Laura's Recipe Layout Challenge. Got my pics cropped and matted and papers/embellies pulled.

The contractors will be started today. They need to drop-off something in Odem, then they will be here. So around 9am-ish. They confirmed yesterday afternoon. Hope I can (a) work while they do what they need to do and (b) the pups don't lose their mind. They won't be able to go in/out when they want. I'll be closing down that doggie door when they get there. So they will have to go up front only. Luckily I stocked up on their treats, some bones/chews and training treats for their puzzles.

I've got a TEAMS meeting at 10am. Hopefully that doesn't last long.

Eating a quick breakfast, then I'll take the pups out one last time before the contractors get here.

Adios cherries!
Brandy ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ โค๏ธ

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Well you ladies that donโ€™t like the heat and humidity, just come west and visit me. ย In the 40โ€™s with SNOW again in our forecast. ย The mountains that are east of us about 40 min are expecting 2-3 feet! ย Yes, that is right!! ย Please remind me what month we are in. ย I had hoped to plant my gardens before I had surgery in a couple of weeks. ย Not so sure anymore!

Anyway, got stuff done yesterday, so I can play today and work on challenges. ย Not going out in that miserable weather. ย Happy to play at home!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ย 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Awww, Barb, I hate when I don't like how something is coming together - sometimes stopping the project for a little while and doing something different is JUST what helps us! ๐Ÿ˜„
I hope you have an awesome, happy scrappy day! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 9:07 am

YAY for sunshine, Vicki! Lol boo to cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
I hope you have a wonderful day with PLENTY of crafting time!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 am
Good morning cherries. It is a very nasty, humid July-like day here. 95% humidity, 80 degrees and at 8am, we currently have an 89 degree heat index. No bueno that's for sure. Luckily I will be in my ac all day, every day until October! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Work was a bit crazy but it went by fast, so that was nice. This morning, I started a load of laundry, vacuumed my bedroom and did yoga instead of going out for a walk because...well...nasty humidity. Showered, made my coffee and finished up a card I did for Stacy's Meet Me for a Nightcap challenge. I'll post it soon. I then moved onto Laura's Recipe Layout Challenge. Got my pics cropped and matted and papers/embellies pulled.

The contractors will be started today. They need to drop-off something in Odem, then they will be here. So around 9am-ish. They confirmed yesterday afternoon. Hope I can (a) work while they do what they need to do and (b) the pups don't lose their mind. They won't be able to go in/out when they want. I'll be closing down that doggie door when they get there. So they will have to go up front only. Luckily I stocked up on their treats, some bones/chews and training treats for their puzzles.

Eating a quick breakfast, then I'll take the pups out one last time before the contractors get here.

Adios cherries!

Brandy, sorry to hear about your humidity! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ It's one of my LEAST favorite things ever! I put my AC on last night, too! (When the mosquitoes come out, I close up the fresh air but ugh get hot lol!)
Hope your teams meeting is quick and to the point! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Good luck with that! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Seems like meetings can be so redundant sometimes! Just as long as no one yells at you lol I always thought that before meetings lol please no one yell at me!
I'm glad you're FINALLY able to get the work started on your garage! Goodness the city put you through the ringer!!! I hope the pups stay settled down, too- you're a good mama to stock up on all their faves!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Have a great day!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 9:45 am
Well you ladies that donโ€™t like the heat and humidity, just come west and visit me. ย In the 40โ€™s with SNOW again in our forecast. ย The mountains that are east of us about 40 min are expecting 2-3 feet! ย Yes, that is right!! ย Please remind me what month we are in. ย I had hoped to plant my gardens before I had surgery in a couple of weeks. ย Not so sure anymore!

Anyway, got stuff done yesterday, so I can play today and work on challenges. ย Not going out in that miserable weather. ย Happy to play at home!

I've always heard that the weather out west was unpredictable! Goodness! I hope it does get warmer, so you can get your garden going! AND NOT be cold!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day full of non-stop playtime! ๐Ÿ˜Š
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

Adios cherries!
Hoping all you construction goes smoothly after what you guys have been through!
ย 
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ย 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries ๐Ÿ˜Š
I've got sunshine now- feels like it wants to be humid though lol I rebuke it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I like to Keep my door open so I get lots of fresh air in here during the day- and when the mosquitoes come out, the AC goes on! ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm up playing some more games lol the cartoons game actually has me a little stumped. I should have asked my older sister and brother lol then, my heart, my oldest brother would have known all of these I bet! ๐Ÿ˜Œ Lol I'm NOT sure how many games I have left because I haven't kept as good of track on them as I meant to lol just reminds me to get the print out next year lol BFF offered to send me a print out but I told her it was okay because I have everything written down! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Anyway I'm loving the challenges, have another one almost finished and I LOVE how it came out. It's another 10+ year old photo, and I'm glad to have FINALLY got it scrapped! (Oddly enough, I THINK I may have memorabilia for it in the storage shed- if I find it later, I'll add it to the back or create a companion page or something lol
Plans for today include scrappin and doing mixed media art. (My art supplies have spilled to the back of the couch and everywhere else! LOL!!!!) My order from ACOT came yesterday, and so I may actually do some card making, too! We will see! My mom said Amazon is bringing me flea meds AND a gift card today!
Oh!!!! JUST AS I TYPED THAT, a package came! From Ginni! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š (Her DH, Steve, needs some prayers, too btw - he's ill right now.)
ACOT has given me some of the bestest friends in the world! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
I'm gonna go open my package! ๐Ÿ˜Š Stay blessed, Cherries!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Electrician showed up at 8:30 to begin moving a few things over so the contractors can start framing. They showed up at 8:50. So far, the pups are okay. They don't know why they are stuck in the house, but they are doing okay right now.

Got the card I finished uploaded and linked up.

Got my TEAMS meeting in about 20 minutes...so kind of piddling until then...
Brandy ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ โค๏ธ

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 am
Hey Cherries ๐Ÿ˜Š
I've got sunshine now- feels like it wants to be humid though lol I rebuke it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I like to Keep my door open so I get lots of fresh air in here during the day- and when the mosquitoes come out, the AC goes on! ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm up playing some more games lol the cartoons game actually has me a little stumped. I should have asked my older sister and brother lol then, my heart, my oldest brother would have known all of these I bet! ๐Ÿ˜Œ Lol I'm NOT sure how many games I have left because I haven't kept as good of track on them as I meant to lol just reminds me to get the print out next year lol BFF offered to send me a print out but I told her it was okay because I have everything written down! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Anyway I'm loving the challenges, have another one almost finished and I LOVE how it came out. It's another 10+ year old photo, and I'm glad to have FINALLY got it scrapped! (Oddly enough, I THINK I may have memorabilia for it in the storage shed- if I find it later, I'll add it to the back or create a companion page or something lol
Plans for today include scrappin and doing mixed media art. (My art supplies have spilled to the back of the couch and everywhere else! LOL!!!!) My order from ACOT came yesterday, and so I may actually do some card making, too! We will see! My mom said Amazon is bringing me flea meds AND a gift card today!
Oh!!!! JUST AS I TYPED THAT, a package came! From Ginni! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š (Her DH, Steve, needs some prayers, too btw - he's ill right now.)

That cartoon game had me stumped too on some but miraculously I got them all...I was born 1980 so some of them were before my time...but I still got them! :greenlol:
Brandy ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ โค๏ธ

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

JollyHollyScraps wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 am
Hey Cherries ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have to confess, the hubby had to help me with some of those cartoons. ย The oldies I was fine with.
Have fun playing with your new goodies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ย 
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 am
Electrician showed up at 8:30 to begin moving a few things over so the contractors can start framing. They showed up at 8:50. So far, the pups are okay. They don't know why they are stuck in the house, but they are doing okay right now.

Pretty card, Brandy!
ย 
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ย 
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 9:45 am

Wow Leslee that is crazy! ย Ugh.

ย 
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 am

Beautiful card Brandy! Those butterflies are gorgeous!

ย 
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Adios cherries!
Yay for the work finally being started! Hope the babies do ok with everything that will be going on.
ย 

ย 
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote: โ†‘
Tue May 07, 2024 11:34 am

Adios cherries!
Yay for the work finally being started! Hope the babies do ok with everything that will be going on.
ย ย 
Thank you Barb. Its alot this morning because contractors are doing their thing while the electricians are here doing theirs. So we've got double the peeps. But I brought out their puzzle toys and they seem to have calmed down quite a bit. Even Penny is getting into the toys. :)
ย 
Brandy ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ โค๏ธ

Return to โ€œScrapbooking Talkโ€