I wish the pre-order had more info

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Tam I Am
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 25

I wish the pre-order had more info

Post by Tam I Am »

I don't normally pre-order but the Pooh stuff I did. It was torture!! Then they came out with another stamp set and I had to get that. I wish they'd be a little more specific than just ETA May. Like early, mid-May, late May. Because as soon as May hits the stalking begins. I don't have the patience for this!! I didn't expect to pre-order anything again but then I got suckered. *Sigh* Not just because of the stamp, but there was also a sale going on so didn't want to put it off until later.
I could use some happy mail right now. *Sigh*
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

Re: I wish the pre-order had more info

Post by Jessica Mikels »

I feel ya scrappy sista! I got a major gift card for mother's day and I was so excited that I didn't care at the moment that the entire order was a pre-order... I check it constantly and every time there it is: "ETA: May" staring right back at me. I'm reading about all these other cherries receiving their happy mail and I'm just here... thinking about the day it will ship. Not even the day it will arrive, just ship it to me baby! From one impatient cherry to an other, hang in there.
JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Tam I Am
Cherry Tart

Post by Tam I Am »

JessM wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:16 pm
I feel ya scrappy sista! I got a major gift card for mother's day and I was so excited that I didn't care at the moment that the entire order was a pre-order... I check it constantly and every time there it is: "ETA: May" staring right back at me. I'm reading about all these other cherries receiving their happy mail and I'm just here... thinking about the day it will ship. Not even the day it will arrive, just ship it to me baby! From one impatient cherry to an other, hang in there.

The struggle is real!!

And today it's finally 'currently processing'! Yay!
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I HAVE FOUND THAT ANY PRE-ORDER USUALLY DON'T SHOW UP UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH.............. JUST REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ORDER A PRE ORDER DON'T ORDER ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT OTHERWISE, THEY HOLD THE WHOLE ORDER..................... JUST AN FYI THAT I FIGURED OUT........................ VALERIE
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1362

Post by VickiR »

I think the Pre-Order discount that is offered by ACOT is great.  I take advantage of it if there's something I know I will definitely want.  Unfortunately, I doubt there is a way to give anything other than a proposed ship date.  Now, shipping is a whole different story.... I know I PO'd a Simple Stories collection back when COVID was messing things up and it took 6 months to get it.  I was all but ready to give up.  I'm sure ACOT gives their best info as they receive it.
Last edited by VickiR on Wed May 22, 2024 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tam I Am
Cherry Tart

Post by Tam I Am »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:50 pm
I HAVE FOUND THAT ANY PRE-ORDER USUALLY DON'T SHOW UP UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH.............. JUST REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ORDER A PRE ORDER DON'T ORDER ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT OTHERWISE, THEY HOLD THE WHOLE ORDER..................... JUST AN FYI THAT I FIGURED OUT........................ VALERIE

I don't have a problem with adding other stuff and waiting until then because it saves the shipping. My first pre-order I've ever done was the new Pooh but I had only ordered the Pooh stuff as I was already spending enough. This order was just for another Pooh stamp set that EP added later and there was no way I was going to pay shipping for only one stamp! So I found other things to add and use cherries on. 🙂
Tam I Am
Cherry Tart

Post by Tam I Am »

VickiR wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:09 pm
I think the Pre-Order discount that is offered by ACOT is great.  I take advantage of it if there's something I know I will definitely want.  Unfortunately, I doubt there is a way to give anything other than a proposed ship date.  Now, shipping is a whole different story.... I know I PO'd a Simple Stories collection back when COVID was messing things up and it took 6 months to get it.  I was all but ready to give up.  I'm sure ACOT gives their best info as the receive it.

Yes, I appreciate the discount!

I saw somewhere else (another retailer) when doing a Google search last week or so that said late May. Though it's not actually showing on their website so I don't know what the problem is there.
I would think companies give retailers some kind of window narrower than 'May' or 'June'. There's always a disclaimer that it's not guaranteed on every communication and I understand that. Just a little more narrow expected timeline would be nice. If you know it's late in the month you don't need to stalk for 2-3 weeks! 😉
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

If I see a preorder that says a certain month, May, for example, I always tell myself it will be the following month that it will arrive - so June.  That way I am not disappointed.  ACOT offers the 20% off and has a great shipping price, which is generous compared to others.  I don’t know how much they control the product arrival.  You may be able to call them and add an item to your order so it is shipped together instead of separate orders?  They have good customer service, it’s worth a try.  Hang in there!  I can see Pooh saying “oh bother”.  
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1173

Post by Rachel Kent »

I hear you! It's torture waiting for things! :)

In the past we have specified early or late in the month for some things, but more often than not there are always delays. Then there are many many unhappy customers, saying we shouldn't have said early in the month when it wasn't. Saying just the month with the pre-orders tends to help with that.

We try to keep everyone updated as best as we can. If you have any questions about a specific line please reach out to us (service@acherryontop.com) and we can see if it has shipped yet etc. We may not be able to give an exact date, but more of a probably this week, or that week etc. Believe me, we are very eager to get these things in too! :)
Tam I Am
Cherry Tart

Post by Tam I Am »

Rachel_K wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:18 pm
I hear you! It's torture waiting for things! :)

In the past we have specified early or late in the month for some things, but more often than not there are always delays. Then there are many many unhappy customers, saying we shouldn't have said early in the month when it wasn't. Saying just the month with the pre-orders tends to help with that.

We try to keep everyone updated as best as we can. If you have any questions about a specific line please reach out to us (service@acherryontop.com) and we can see if it has shipped yet etc. We may not be able to give an exact date, but more of a probably this week, or that week etc. Believe me, we are very eager to get these things in too! :)

Thanks, Rachel!
You know, I thought it used to say that! But I wasn't entirely sure about my memory! 😄

Those customers should learn to read not guaranteed and an estimate! 🤪

The first Pooh stuff was early in the month so I had hopes! 😉 Darn EP got me with the second release of stamps. (Plus their card kit! And I only wanted/needed the stamp set!)
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

Once on a Paige Evans product it was way past the preorder - a tablet of paper. I don't know if it was ACOT or American Crafts, but they sent the paper in the tablet times two when it wasn't ready way later than expected. I can wait. If you are able to get tons more after 20% off I can wait forever, lol.
PEIhaven
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by PEIhaven »

Me, too! My NSD order still floats out there, and since it awaits five different brands, I am resigned to patience.🥹

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”